Green Way to Transylvania
Hike the paths of Transylvania on this 2-day tour. Visit the Peles Castle, and experience the beauty of the surrounding Mountains. Spend the night in Piatra Craiului National Park before hiking to Bran Castle and the Transylvanian city of Brasov.
- Visit Peles Castle, the summer residence of the Romanian royal family
- See Bran Castle, also known as Dracula’s Castle
- Spend the night Magura Village in Piatra Craiului National Park
- Take a guided tour around the medieval city of Brasov
- Enjoy the views of the Piatra Craiului Mountains
Depart from Bucharest in the early morning on a scenic train ride out of the city. Stop in Sinaia where you’ll see a 350 year old monastery as you make your way to the Peles Castle, the summer residence of the Romanian royal family.
After your visit, return to the train and continue your trip to the city of Zarnesti at the foothills of Piatra Craiului Mountains, famous for the numerous native and unique species that live here.
Enjoy the great outdoors on a hike to Magura Village, where you’ll be led to your home for the evening. Take in the view of the Bucegi and Piatra Craiului Mountains, and spend the rest of your evening relaxing and enjoying the scenery, or renting bikes and exploring the area.
After a restful night, begin the hike to Bran Castle where you’ll have a tour of the area before continuing to Brasov for a guided tour around this Transylvanian city.